Truffle Honey Feta Saganaki
2 filo pastry sheets
200g feta cheese block
- Toast the sesame seeds on a medium to high heat for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan
- Spread the filo sheets (placed on top of each other) and brush the edges and corners generously with olive oil
- Place the feta at the bottom of the filo sheet leaving about 2 inches and fold the bottom of the filo sheet over the feta. Then fold the right and left sides of the filo sheet inwards to the center.
- Brush the folded part of the filo sheet again with olive oil and now tuck and fold the feta and filo towards the top making a small parcel.
- Place the parcel in small bowl or plate and cover with clingfilm and freeze for 2 hours to set and seal the parcel.
- After 2 hours take out your parcel, and heat a generous amount of olive oil in a pan on medium to high heat.
- Once oil is hot, place parcel folded side down into oil for 2-3 minutes. Once the bottom is golden, turn the parcel over carefully and fry on other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Using tongs you can pick parcel up and fry the edges to make sure it is nice and golden on all sides.
- Remove from pan and soak up oil with kitchen roll.
- Place on plate, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve with a generous drizzle of Sticky White Truffle Honey.