Truffle Guys Sticky Truffle Honey Chicken
A delicious and sophisticated dinner doesn’t always need to happen at a restaurant. Take this truffle twist on a classic chicken recipe that is so easy to make at home.
2-4 chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk*
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1/2 ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 qt vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons Truffle Guys Sticky Truffle Honey
Cover the chicken with plastic wrap, and using a flat mallet, pound lightly the chicken on both sides.
Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to a large plastic bag and mix to combine.
Add buttermilk to a shallow plate.
- Dip chicken breasts well in buttermilk, put them in the bag with the flour, seal the bag, and shake to coat well.
- Place coated chicken on a plate or tray and cover with a clean dish towel or waxed paper. Let chicken sit until the flour is a paste-like consistency.
- Fill a large skillet about 1/3 to 1/2 full with vegetable oil and heat the oil until very hot.
- Add the chicken breast to the skillet, if you are cooking a large batch, make sure the chicken pieces don't overlap.
- Brown chicken on both sides, that should take only a few minutes, reduce heat, and cover the skillet.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, so the chicken breast will be cooked through, but not crispy (it will take longer if you are cooking other chicken parts).
- Remove the lid, raise the heat, and continue to fry the chicken until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate or cookie sheet or tray. If not serving immediately, place the chicken in a warm oven to keep it warm.
- Repeat with remaining chicken if you have more left.
- Drizzle chicken with Truffle Guys Sticky Truffle Honey and serve with mashed potatoes and asparagus.