Truffle Mushroom Pizza With Arugula Salad
The most delicious homemade pizza you’re ever going to make. You can take our word for it!
For the pizza:
- 1 lb. store-bought dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (cremini, shiitake, portobello etc.)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Truffle Guys white truffle oil
- 4 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
For the salad:
- 1 ½ cups fresh arugula
- 2 teaspoons EACH: lemon juice AND olive oil
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 260ºC.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently until fragrant.
- Stir in the mushrooms along with the dried thyme. Cook for about 7-9 minutes or until the mushrooms brown and become tender. Season with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the mushrooms to a bowl or a plate and allow them to cool.
- Make sure the dough is at room temperature before you proceed.
- Shape the dough out into a large, 12-inch circle. At this point you’ll want to flour a pizza peel (or a pizza pan) with flour and gently place the dough on it.
- Place the shaped dough on a large round baking tray. Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of truffle oil.
- Sprinkle on the fontina cheese, top with ½ the mushrooms followed by the fresh mozzarella and the remaining mushrooms.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for roughly 12-15 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden and the cheese is all melty!
- Drizzle the pizza with the remaining tablespoon of Truffle Guys White truffle oil.
- When the pizza is almost done, toss the arugula, lemon juice, olive oil and a few shavings of parmesan cheese together season well with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Slice the pizza, top with arugula salad and serve warm!