Out of this world Truffle Guys burger (Serves 2)
Every great human needs to know how to make a great burger… well if you didn't before you will now! Introducing the Out of This World Truffle Guys Burger.
For The Crispy Onions
For The Burgers Patties
For The ‘Truffle Guys Special Sauce’
For the Burger Love
1. To marinate the onions, peel and finely slice the onions. Pour the buttermilk into a large mixing bowl and add the onion slices. Marinate for 2 or more hours.
2. To make the patties, chill the meat and the dripping in the freezer for an hour. Grind the meat through a medium grind, form into 120g patties and store in the fridge until needed.
3. Warning, this sauce combination will make you a legend among your friends… are you ready for that title? To make the Truffle Guys Special Sauce, mix 25% Truffle Guys Royal Truffle Ketchup with 75% Truffle Guys Ultimate Truffle Mayonnaise add a drizzle of Truffle Guys White Truffle Oil to finish & Season with paprika, salt & pepper and set aside for later.
4. To bake the parma ham, preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay out the parma ham on it. Bake the Parma ham in the oven for 5 minutes, until very crisp.
5. To fry the onions, preheat a fryer or a pan of oil to 180ºC. Only fill half way (or to the manufacturers safe range) and never leave unattended. Season the plain flour for the onions with the cayenne, paprika and cajun seasoning. Drain the onions, letting any excess buttermilk drip away. Toss them in the seasoned flour. Carefully drop the onions into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and crisp, then set aside.
6. Combine the onion granules, black pepper, pink pepper and cayenne pepper. Put a frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef dripping to the frying pan and add the patties. Cook for a minute, then turn, add a cheese slice to each patty and cook for a further 2 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
7. To construct your masterpiece, toast the buns in the same pan used for the burgers, then spread the Truffle Guys Special Sauce on the top and bottom. Add the parma ham, followed by the patties, then the lettuce, crispy onions, tomato and the top bun… You’re welcome.