“Get in ma belly” Truffle Chocolate Wholemeal Cookies
Truffle and Chocolate you say… well, it just works! If you class yourself as a fully certified Cookie Monster, then you need these gooey treats in your life!
Ingredients (10 Cookies)
- 100g Wholemeal Flour
- 25g Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 25g Margarine (room temperature)
- 1 Whole Egg and 1 Egg Yolk only
- 30g Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Truffle Guys Dark Chocolate Spread
- First things first, heat the oven to 160c fan or gas mark 4.
- Next up, you need to make 10 x teaspoon sized balls of Truffle Guys Chocolate Spread. Using a teaspoon, spoon out the Truffle Guys Chocolate Spread and carefully place on a sheet of baking paper. Once you have your 10 balls, place in the freezer, flat, for 1 hour or until the balls are hard.
- To make the cookie dough, take a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl, then add the vanilla extract and margarine. Using a wooden spoon (or a kitchen stand mixer) combine all the ingredients together before then adding the egg and the yolk. Further mix until all becomes a dough.
- Once all the mixture is combined, then add in your chocolate chip, mix thoroughly. Prepare a baking tray with lightly greased baking paper, ready to make your mega truffle cookies.
- Remove your frozen balls from the freezer, checking they are solid. Using a tablespoon, or an ice cream scoop, if you have one, spoon out the mixture from the bowl and carefully encase the truffle chocolate spread in the cookie mixture. Repeat this until all the truffle chocolate balls are covered. Squash the cookies slightly to make them a little bit flatter then place the baking tray in a preheated oven (160c or gas mark 4) and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies start to turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.
Quick tip…. Don’t leave them too long as the warm gooey centre is what makes these truly irresistible!